By default, comments on this service are post-moderated. This means that comments will be published immediately, and only subsequently reviewed by site moderators as part of the analysis of feedback or if reported as inappropriate by another user.
Moderation is intended to ensure debate is fair and inclusive, and will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion about the issues raised.
Comments or pledges will normally be published as long as they:
- Respect other commenters and individuals. Contributions should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character;
- Don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic;
- Don’t include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity;
- Don’t publicly reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers or email addresses;
- Don’t break the law. This includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright;
- Are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of this service;
- Don’t advertise commercial products and services. You may mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment;
- Don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
- Are in English. Unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages;
- Are on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are unrelated to this channel;
- If relating to an Official document hosted on this service: are not party political in nature.
If you are aged 16 or under, you may wish to talk to your parent/guardian about your use of this website before submitting a comment. You should not provide identifiable personal details (apart from an email address, which will not be published in any case), and may consider using a neutral pseudonym in place of your real name.
Moderators reserve the right to suspend submissions at any time. Where a contribution is removed for a reason other than those listed above, the site moderators will endeavour to reply to the commenter by email explaining their reasons and inviting them to make appropriate changes so that the submission can be reconsidered.