Why should people have the vaccine?
Staff need to have the vaccine because:
- Care home staff are at increased personal risk of getting COVID-19 due to their work
- If care home staff get COVID-19 they are at risk of becoming ill and being unable to work until they recover and of passing it on to residents
- The more people that get vaccinated, the more we can protect the most vulnerable people including your own family
Residents need to have the vaccine because residents are:
- At higher risk of getting COVID-19 due to their living environment that they live in
- More likely to become seriously unwell and more likely to die from COVID-19 due to their age and underlying health conditions.