Recommended actions to take
- Support high-quality – early detection – screening and interventions for risk factors of cardio metabolic disease, linking to a range of community health promotions and wellbeing resources.
- Carry out the recommended physical health assessments for people on the serious mental illness (SMI) register, in line with national guidance:
- Comprehensive cardio-metabolic risk assessment in line with the NHS health check
- Where indicated, deliver or follow up relevant national screening programmes
- Medicine reconciliation and monitoring
- General physical health enquiry
- Implement standardised screening tools for SMI population (e.g. Bradford template) across primary care information technology (IT) system.
Previous |Primary care providers
Tagged: serious mental illness (SMI), stolen years
to Primary care providers