A charter developed by young people with the support of the National Autistic Society. The charter gives the views of young people with autism about the matters that services need to think of to cater effectively for their needs.
Youth Access is a voluntary organisation that promote counselling for young people aged 13-25.
In consultation with young people, they have developed a Young People’s Charter that sets out the primary considerations for all services offering support to young people. They invite organisations to sign up to the Charter, making the promise to:
- Treat us with respect
- Make it easy for us to access the service
- Have all the help we need in one place
- Provide a welcoming and age appropriate setting
- Provide support for young people up to the age of 25
- Have skilled workers who take us seriously
- Involve us in decision making
Youth Access also has an online service directory where staff or young people can search for local resources.