In 2016, we saw Brexit commence, sustainability and transformation plans (STPs) introduced, record provider deficits and the junior doctors’ strike. The Nuffield Trust has suggested that these are turbulent times and provided a list of the key documents that offer insight for the past year.
The Nuffield Trust have compiled their best six long reads and six short reads of 2016 (including blogs) . Our summary offers a range of viewpoints to help make sense of what has been happening recently in the health and care sector. This is a condensed summary of the 12 items:
- Delivering the benefits of digital healthcare
- Feeling the crunch: NHS finances to 2020
- Reshaping the workforce to deliver the care patients need
- Is bigger better? Lessons for large-scale general practice
- Improving care for older people
- The future of child health services: new models of care
- How are STPs coming together? August and
- The facts on Brexit
- Weren’t new models of care supposed to solve the NHS crisis?
- Can we afford the NHS in the long term
- Where is the public pressure for social care reform?
- Our Buzzfeed: Arm yourself with NHS know-how for 2017
In: Rapid review