Children’s asthma services need to be commissioned in a seamless integrated fashion across the entire pathway from prevention and self-management to in hospital and out of hospital care. This section provides information, advice and resources to support those commissioning children’s asthma services.
Ideally future service delivery will be through a more place based care approach. This will bring together potential stakeholders to work for the benefit of the child or young person and their family.
Please see example service specifications to help with this in your area
- Children’s asthma clinical service specification – National Paediatric Asthma Collaborative
- Asthma and wheeze community service specification – Hounslow CCG
- Asthma case finding for primary care service specification – Camden CCG
- Example local improvement scheme from Lambeth, for Children’s Delivery scheme 2015/2016
- BHR Sustainable Asthma Service LIS Schedule