Thank you for all the support for our #AskAboutAsthma campaign week on keeping children’s asthma under control particularly more so this year due to the coronavirus and this second wave.
Below you will find links to our blogs, podcasts, webinar recordings and slides from the campaign programme.
Click here for more information including how we developed the 2020 campaign theme.
- Using all of the rainbow – painting the picture of better asthma care for children and young people by Dan Devitt, Children’s Commissioner.
- Why do an asthma peer review? by Sam Rostom, NCL, Children and Young Peoples Programme Director
- Take a breather by Tori Hadaway, Community Children’s Specialist Asthma Nurse
- How physiotherapy can help an asthmatic child, by Charlotte Wells, Specialist Paediatric Respiratory Physiotherapist, Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- Croydon asthma champion programme by Jo Massey and Jakki Sutherland, CHAH team
- Asthma and indoor air quality by Catherine Sutton, Director, Airbourne Allergy Action
- Responding to COVID-19: Video Group Consultations for children and young people with asthma by Sarah Kavanagh
- Medicines optimisation in asthma – Role of a Paediatric Specialist Pharmacist by Sukeshi Makhecha, Specialist Paediatric Asthma Pharmacist, Royal Brompton and Evelina Hospitals
- How a Network Incentive Scheme can improve CYP asthma diagnosis and care by Tori Hadaway, Community Children’s Specialist Asthma Nurse
- Reflections on developing an asthma network by Dr Stephen Goldring, Consultant Paediatrician, Director of Clinical Studies, The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Protecting children from air pollution at school and beyond by Anthony Mysak, Portfolio Manager, Guys and St Thomas’ Charity
- Healthier Air Indoors – new resources for families by Professor Anne Greenough, Neonatology and Clinical Respiratory Physiology, Director of Education and Training at King’s Heath Partners, Academic Health Science Centre
- St George’s Hospital Asthma Team Update by Jo Lawson, Asthma Senior Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Back to school but not quite back to normal by Hannah Harniess
Podcast 2 – Ask the experts?
Podcast 4 – Asthma Friendly School – a how to guide
Podcast 5 – Learning from asthma deaths
Podcast 6 – Developing an asthma network
Webinar recordings and slides
Role of pharmacy for children and young peoples asthma during Covid, 14 Sept 2020
A film about the Bexley Pharmacy pilot, which aimed to provide pharmacists with an online tool to review patients with asthma from 5 to 25 years old.
Darush Attar – Responding to Covid-19: remote inhaler technique training
Supporting the older child: transition to adult care and the relationship between anxiety and asthma, 15 September 2020
AskAboutAsthma 2020 – in the time of Covid-19, 16 September 2020
How specialist nurses can support 3 asks and improve asthma care across the system, 17 September 2020
- Tori Hadaway – how specialist nurses can support 3 asks recording and presentation slides
Why is good primary care essential for children and young people’s asthma, 18 September 2020
See the 2020 evaluation including feedback and impact of this year’s campaign.