CarePulse is the bed capacity management system being used by all care homes across London.
Having access to up to date bed vacancy information is an invaluable source of intelligence for health and social care services; helping to ensure people who are in need of care home support are placed in a suitable and comfortable setting.
Care homes are able to share live bed vacancy information with hospitals, brokerage teams within CCGs or Local Authorities (LA), and other care homes.
Please see simple instructions below and simply register on the CarePulse website.
The benefits of using CarePulse
- Simple to register and free to use
- Fast and secure; available 24-7, 365 days a year
- Reduces the amount of time clinical staff and discharge teams spend searching for vacancies
- Supports effective commissioning within local boundaries and commissioning out of area
- Includes an online resource centre that encourages information sharing with care homes
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) provides the information so that every care home is on the system, however to activate an account care homes will need to register on the CarePulse website.