Sandra Dyer joined the TCST Personalised Care for Cancer Team in September 2020. Sandra has brought with her a wealth of experience in primary care and has previously led the SW London Macmillan Primary Care Nursing Project. This role is developed based on the recommendations and evidence from the Macmillan funded project.
Primary Care Nursing Workplan
· Continue to build engagement with primary care nurses around cancer as a long-term condition. ‘Taster sessions’ have now been run in most of London’s GPN Forums.
· Work with local training hubs to identify opportunities for further engagement and education. Signpost nurses to Macmillan’s education offer.
· Work with Macmillan and key partners to pilot local facilitation/support around the Macmillan Primary Care Explore programme at ICS level
· Contribute to the Queens Nursing Institute/NHS England General Practice Education Network website with key cancer resources (resources in development)
· Lead the existing pan London General Practice Nurse Cancer Community of Practice (CoP) with a facilitator, aiming for future self-sufficiency. Please do get in touch with Sandra if you would like more information or to join the CoP.
· Influence universities for curriculum changes re postgraduate courses and opportunities to influence under-graduate nursing courses with a successful pilot in Kingston University. Currently working with Kingston, London South Bank, City and Greenwich Universities.
· Work with HEE and support Central London Community Health Training Academy to refresh content and deliver Cancer in The Community course to cohorts across London
· Work with Healthy London Partnership and other partners to develop a podcast as part of the Power of Practice Nursing series (awaiting publication)