1) Have been working hard to improve air quality through launching an Anti-Idling campaign, introducing Air Quality Marshalls, and applying a diesel surcharge on parking.
2) Are creating a Low Emission Neighbourhood in Marylebone.
3) Are introducing a diesel surcharge for visitor parking in pilot areas.
4) Are creating 20mph streets outside many schools in Westminster.
5) Are making Bond Street more pedestrian friendly.
6) Are converting the Baker Street gyratory back to two way roads to reduce traffic speeds.
7) Are shortening traffic routes.
8) Are improving pedestrian facilities across Westminster.
9) Are regenerating the Church Street area including a new green spine.
10) Have maintained the maximum number of green flag awards (23) that we are able to hold and having recently won ‘Council of the Year’ at the London in Bloom Awards.
11) Are reviewing of our private rented stock to see if there is a case for discretionary licensing. We have also worked with health professionals to reach vulnerable residents in such housing and have now embedded this into ‘business as usual’.
12) Have won funding from the Government’s Trail Blazer scheme to identify early triggers and indicators of risk of homelessness and develop and test early intervention approaches.
Is anything on this page inappropriate or does something need changing?