Improving care for children and young people with epilepsy.
Developing paediatric critical care clinicians
We have secured funding from Health Education England to develop an online education programme that supports London's NHS to implement our new standards for paediatric critical care (PCC) level 1 and 2.
The aim is to build an agreed knowledge and skills base across the workforce in all paediatric units across London. This will involve:
- An online learning hub to support development of knowledge related to PCC L1 and 2
- Training and support for PCC unit leads to enable them to train others locally
- Developing scenario-based training to achieve level 1 and 2 PCC competencies
Three co-clinical leads are sharing responsibility for leading this work:
- John Moreiras, Consultant Paediatrician, Whittington Health NHS Trust
- Shelley Riphagen, Consultant in Paediatric Intensive Care, Evelina London Children’s Hospital
- Nathan Askew, Divisional Director of Nursing, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust