This autumn, London’s digital wellbeing service, Good Thinking, is running a series of online workshops to explore the impact of digital exclusion on health inequalities and the risks of connecting vulnerable or reluctant individuals to the digital world.
Leading experts in online harm, digital inequalities, digital health and the digital transformation of health services will present insights into what is needed for safe and successful digital inclusion. Insights will be gathered from all the workshops to inform a model of good practice for digital inclusion in health, and the development of a proposed Digital Inequalities Impact Assessment to promote good practice.
The workshops will be facilitated by Dr Richard Graham, Consultant Psychiatrist, Clinical Director for Good Thinking and Dr Victoria Betton, PeopleDotCom.
Please follow the links below to register for the events.
Digital inclusion workshops:
19 October 12pm – 1pm
Exploring whether digital access is now a fundamental component of good health, and good public health. Full details and to register.
- Leah Jones, Behavioural Science Team Leader, Public Health Advice, Guidance and Expertise (PHAGE) function National COVID-19 Response Centre
- Dr Shanika Sharma, GP Principal; Clinical Lead, Transforming Primary Care, London, Healthy London Partnership, Homeless Team
- Professor Al Story, Find&Treat Clinical Lead and Consultant in Public Health Medicine; UCL Professor of Inclusion Health, Co-Director UCL Collaborative Centre for Inclusion Health
2 November 12pm – 1pm
Exploring the relationship between digital inequalities, digital skills training and better health outcomes. Full details and to register.
- Professor Ellen Helsper, Professor of Digital Inequalities, London School of Economics
- Leonard Warren, Digital Inclusion Project Lead, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust
- Cliff Manning, Director of Research and Development, ParentZone
- The London Office of Technology and Innovation
16 November 12pm – 1pm
Exploring the progress of digital transformation in the NHS and how we ensure no-one is left behind. Full details and to register.
- Roz Davies, Thrive by Design
- Bekah Evans, Digital Transformation Manager at Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire Integrated Care System
- Oliver Bailey, Assistant Director, Digital Health, NEL Healthcare Consulting
- Nuno Santos Lopes, Director of Care, Nightingale Hammerson