More than 100 organisations, including CCGs, hospitals and providers, have signed up to take part in Healthy Living Week 2017 which runs between 25 and 29 September.
Activities and events they are organising for staff include mental health resilience talks, mindfulness sessions, lunchtime walks and yoga classes.
For those short of time to plan activities, we’ve made it even easier to get involved with a simple five day challenge. Londoners can commit to one simple challenge a day:
- Mindfulness Monday: Close your eyes, breathe in for five seconds, hold for five seconds and breathe out for five seconds. Repeat four times. This only takes one minute. Do once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
- Take a break Tuesday: Make a point of leaving your desk for five minutes every hour, make a drink, walk up and down the stairs, talk to someone new.
- Water only Wednesday: Can you go caffeine free and maybe stick to water only all day?
- Thankfulness Thursday: Send an email of thanks to one person in the office, one person outside your department and one family or friend.
- Fruity Friday: Bring in extra fruit, create a fun and fruity photo, share and post it on twitter to @HealthyLDN #HealthyLivingWeek
Londoners can also pledge to make changes to improve their health. Print off your Healthy Living Week pledge card and don’t forget to tweet it to @HealthyLDN #HealthyLivingWeek
Healthy Living Week provides a platform for hospital charities, NHS organisations and their partners to work together and offer events and activities to staff that promote workplace health and support people to be healthy and happy.
This year we’re encouraging organisations, teams and individuals to consider planning events and activities that can potentially be continued throughout the year to support staff to be healthy all year round.
We’re also encouraging all London organisations to take part, not just NHS organisations.
More than 80,000 staff from 43 NHS workplaces across London took part in the capital’s first Healthy Living Week last year.
Please sign up today to receive your Healthy Living Week starter pack. The pack provides a quick and easy guide to running a successful and exiting Healthy Living Week, whether you work in a CCG, hospital ward, GP surgery or in a team delivering health care in the community.
It includes ideas for different events and activities you can hold and tips on how to start planning and getting organised.
To help you promote Healthy Living Week to staff in your organisation we will also provide a communications toolkit with template posters, tweets and a media release which can be tailored to your organisation.
We can also provide assistance with engagement and access to a central resource hub.