26/02/2019 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
The Abbey Centre, 34 Great Smith Street, Westminster SW1P 3BU
About this event
(This event has been postponed from 07/02/19 at the request of Chris Miller, Carole Furlong and Fiona Murray from the NWL Child Death Review Project who will present on their consultation findings.)
Healthy London Partnership has developed five free workshops created to support new Child Death Review partners to understand the new requirements outlined in The Children and Social Work Act (2017) and subsequent Child Death Review Statutory and Operational Guidance.
These workshops follow on from our workshops about the new responsibilities regarding Child Death Review Meetings in June 2018. The Child Death Review Statutory and Operational Guidance was finalised and published in October 2018 and the transition to these new arrangements must be completed by 29 September 2019.
We are running one workshop for each sector in London to bring together colleagues from each region to discuss how the new Child Death Review process will work in their area, in particular the organisation of the new Child Death Review Meetings.
The workshops will be led by Drs Ronny Cheung and Donal O’Sullivan, Clinical Director and Clinical Advisor for the HLP Child Death Review Programme. They will share initial considerations and learning from across London, provide an opportunity to work through practical child death review scenarios, and offer a forum for discussion.
- Understand the new child death review process, specifically the new requirements for trusts to conduct Child Death Review Meetings.
- Understand the key roles and responsibilities of the various bodies involved in the child death review process, including the Child Death Review Partners, Child Death Review Meeting, Child Death Overview Panel and Key worker.
- Work through a number of child death review case studies.
- Be aware of the configuration, resourcing and practical considerations taking place across London to meet the new child death review requirements.
Who these workshops are for
Those responsible for and involved in the new Child Death Review Meetings in trusts across London including:
- Acute and mental health trust clinical directors
- Acute and mental health trust morbidity and mortality leads
- Paediatric staff from community and mental health services
- CDOP Chairs and coordinators.
A provisional agenda for the day is available here.
How to register for the North West London workshop
To register for the North West London Workshop, taking place on Tuesday 26 February, 09.30–12.30 at The Abbey Centre, 34 Great Smith Street, Westminster SW1P 3BU please click the link here.
There are only 50 spaces available and they will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. As the new requirements outline a need for local services to come together, please only register for a workshop that is in the area that you work in.
For further information, please contact David McKinlay, Child Death Review Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘CDR Workshops’ in the email subject title.