24/05/2018 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Amba Hotel Marble Arch, Bryanston Street, Marylebone, London, W1H 7EH
About this event
London’s Urgent and Emergency Care Improvement Collaborative and NHS England are hosting a Whole System Regional Frailty Event on 24th May 2018.
This practical day aims to bring together key national and regional stakeholders who want to improve services for people with frailty – including clinicians from all relevant disciplines, primary, secondary and community care, across STP footprints STP Leads and commissioners. It is focused on supporting us in understanding what’s working well, what’s not and to explore data sources and national tools to help us gain insight to make much needed improvements for this at-risk patient population.
The event will have a ‘Market Place’ and sessions within the day focused on sharing existing London work and developments – working within A&E systems and across geographical boundaries to promote best practice and learning.
The event aims are to:
- Understand the national strategic plans for older people living with or at risk of developing frailty, and how this fits with the priorities and focus of local STPs footprints.
- To consider the range of current activities, learning and best practice across London focused on frailty pathways, including healthy ageing (prevention) through to acute frailty management, long term and end of life care for older people across the region
- Share good practice and build on what is working well in our Region, where and why
- Gain understanding of regional and STP variation; identify where key elements of frailty care are either missing, providing opportunities to support development
- Explore workforce issues and opportunities, including advance practice, role of extensivism in primary care and 3rd sector organisations
- Understand the mechanisms to best connect the national programme, UEC Improvement Collaborative; Health Improvement Networks and STPs priorities around frailty and older people going forwards
To book your tickets please visit our Eventbrite page.