25/09/2019 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
About this event
Are you an enthusiastic, driven and motivated individual who is passionate and experienced in improving the lives of people living within the community? Do you want to shape national policy and influence the future of community healthcare for people and carers?
If you have experience in providing community-based care, supporting the delivery of community services or have received care within the community we’d love to have you join us at the ‘Developing Communities of Practice for the Ageing Well Programme at the Kia Oval, London. The Ageing Well and Community Services programme will deliver a critical part of the NHS Long Term Plan through 3 workstreams:
- Urgent Community Response will focus on capacity building and quality improvement of key community services – building on existing intermediate care service provision, implementing 2-hour/2-day standards for community crisis response and reablement
- Anticipatory Care will develop and implement a multi-disciplinary and cross-sector model of care, focused initially on those with moderate frailty, to support people living with complex needs to live well, using proactive identification and provision of personalised care that responds to their needs and preferences and reduces risk of unwarranted health outcomes.
- Enhanced Health in Care Homes (EHCH) will scale the successful vanguard EHCH approach to improve the provision and quality of NHS healthcare across all care homes in England
This Ageing Well and Community Services event will be a busy but fun day focusing on developing Communities of Practice aligned to the programme. These Communities of Practice are essential to the new NHS programme to build community services to help people age well as part of delivering a new health service model for the 21st Century, which works well with others – we would like input from everyone with a passion for community services across all areas within the health, social care and the voluntary, community and social enterprises, including front line staff, people with lived experience and managers
The aim of this event will be to co-create Communities of Practice to ensure they:
- Accelerate the pace of change on key focus areas within the Ageing Well and Community Services programme
- Build connections and collaboration
- Generate, test and act on new ideas and solutions
- Rapidly share knowledge and good practice
- Contribute, design and inform policy and guidance and the delivery of the Ageing Well & Community Services programme
This is an exciting time to be involved in care delivered in the community which has not always received the attention it has deserved. If you can help and spare some time, we would value your support and expertise as a member of our Community of Practice.
Please book a place at the event using this link:
Please share with any colleagues who you think would be able to support this event and programme
Please do let us know if you can’t make the 25th September London event but would like to part of the Communities of Practice once they are established via firstname.lastname@example.org