13/03/2018 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Millenium Gloucester Hotel, 4-18 Harrington Gardens, Kensington, London SW7 4LH
About this event
We are inviting people working in the NHS within urgent care in London to join us at the fourth London Urgent and Emergency Care Improvement Collaborative event on 13 March 2018. Anyone who took part in the previous improvement collaborative events is particularly encouraged to attend.
The Urgent and Emergency Care Improvement Collaborative was launched on 4 July 2017 and was a catalyst for our collective effort to improve urgent and emergency care across London.
Previous events have shown our commitment to making sure patients get the responsive care they need, in or as close to home as possible. When care in hospital is needed, we are working to ensure patients get high quality and timely care during what can be a distressing time for patients and their families.
The Improvement Collaborative aims to:
- develop a culture of continuous improvement with patients, carers and the public at its heart
- empower leadership in local health and care systems
- provide evidence based tools and techniques and develop improvement capabilities and knowledge in local systems
- develop discipline and rigour around using data for diagnosis, action planning and measuring improvement
- provide inspiration, peer support and challenge across local systems.
On the programme
This event focuses on supporting people for whom the system is the most difficult and complicated when they have unplanned care needs, particularly those that are frail. We will have sessions on:
- Keeping people at home when urgent needs arise – including in their residential and care homes.
- Supporting hospitals to manage demand when it emerges.
- Ensuring people go home as quickly as they can.
We will have sessions on tools that support improvement across all of these areas. There will also be opportunities to hear from each other about what has gone well in the past few months.
Gathering together key players in London’s urgent and emergency care systems, the event promises to be as inspiring and informative as the previous three. We look forward to working with you there to continue to make London’s urgent care system truly excellent.
Urgent and emergency care frontline staff with clinical or improvement lead responsibilities, managers working in the urgent and emergency care pathway, trust or society executives and commissioners are welcome to register for the event via Eventbrite. The event will take place at Millennium Gloucester Hotel, 4-18 Harrington Gardens, Kensington, London SW7 4LH.