04/05/2018 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
LIFT, 45 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PW
About this event
The Five Year Forward View for Mental Health and Future in Mind set out an ambition that by 2020/21, 70,000 additional children and young people (CYP) will access community mental health services each year. This will increase the percentage of those accessing services from 25% to 35%.
An indicative trajectory to achieve this (measured by provider submissions to the NHS Digital Mental Health Services Data Set (MHSDS)) was set, and CCGs have planned increased access rates in order to meet this trajectory over the period to 2020/21.
The CCG CYP mental health access recovery plans, comparing MHSDS with local data, highlighted that whilst progress is being made towards meeting local trajectories, the data flowing to MHSDS is not always an accurate reflection of activity. One of the issues noted is the challenge for non-NHS providers to flow data to the MHSDS.
To support this the Healthy London Partnership, the London and South East CYP IAPT Learning Collaborative and NHS England (London), are hosting a half-day workshop on Friday 4 May 2018 (09:00 – 13:00). Registration and refreshments will be available from 09:00 and the workshop will start promptly at 09:30 (please note that lunch will not be provided).
This workshop will:
- provide a step by step approach to the process to flow data to the MHSDS;
- illustrate the process via case studies;
- deliver a Q&A session around flowing data to the MHSDS;
- signpost to additional support available to commissioners and providers regarding data submissions to MHSDS and overall children and young people’s access delivery; and
- support STPs to develop action plans to ensure accurate reporting of non-NHS provider commissioned activity.
The overall aim of the workshop is to support the system to ensure that national MHSDS returns match local understanding at commissioner and provider level and to support STPs to develop plans to ensure accurate reporting of non-NHS provider commissioned activity?
This workshop is open to:
- Voluntary Sector Organisation who are commissioned to provide mental health support/services to CYP in London;
- Commissioners of children and young people’s mental health services; and
- Sustainability and Transformation Partnership mental health leads.