The Digital Health Ambassador programme wants young people aged 15-24, who are willing to work closely with expert organisations like Good Thinking, NHS and Public Health England to give young people a voice and to shape shaping research and policy at a local and national level.
We’ve set this up so you can influence digital health products and initiatives and help promote young people’s mental wellbeing.
You’ve got our backing and our role is to assist and up-skill you so that key decision-makers listen when you speak!
What will we be doing?
- Undertaking peer research with targeted groups of young people to ensure that wider voices are engaged in shaping Good Thinking’s CYP offer
- Influencing digital health products and initiatives so that young people are at the core of the way health services for young Londoners are shaped.
- Actively promote digital health and wellbeing initiatives in various forums across London i.e. mental health trailblazers in schools, training for mental health practitioners, CYP mental health recovery board.
- Design campaigns and content using the media that young people will take notice of
Here’s how we’ll support you
Covid-19 has made it harder for young people to access opportunities to learn new skills. All Digital Health Ambassadors will develop new digital and research skills and make recommendations to the health leads on how they can further enhance the resources it offers young people.
Training sessions will be held in the following areas :
- Public Speaking
- Content creation
- Mental Health First Aid Training
Become a Digital Health Ambassador!
We want everyone who has a desire to use their voice to apply and we pride ourselves on providing opportunities for those from underrepresented backgrounds, experience isn’t necessary. We understand that schedules can get hectic from time to time so we’ve made a flexible engagement structure that allows for you to get involved at different points.
At the moment all of this will be happening on Zoom and when restrictions allow, we’ll be aiming to do more face-to-face meetings (yes, food will be involved haha). During those meetings, you’ll meet other young people, staff and learn about how the programme works.
Interested? Drop us an email for more information: email@example.com